National Women’s Health Week: May 13th - May 19th!
This 13th annual initiative, coordinated by the US. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office on Women’s Health, is a week long recognition of women’s health. This year’s theme: “It’s Your Time.” This is an effort to encourage all women to make their own health a priority, to take steps to better their overall well-being, which will ultimately help to lower their risk of disease.
Take/encourage the following steps to improve the health and well-being of all the women in your life:
• Receive regular checkups and prevention screenings:
• National Women’s Checkup Day is May14th
• Regular checkups are vital to the early detention of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and other diseases.
• Get and stay active
• Eat a healthy diet
• Improve mental health by managing stress and getting adequate sleep
• Avoid unhealthy behaviors, such as: smoking, excessive alcohol, and not wearing a seatbelt
Visit womenshealth.gov/whw for more information!