Serving size: 1 cup
- 2 quarts air popped popcorn
- 1 cup roughly chopped, toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Toast the pecans – place on a cookie sheet and put in an oven preheated to 350
- Occasionally toss and cook until pecan start to become aromatic
- Put popped popcorn and toasted pecans in a brown paper bag
- Combine the butter, corn syrup and sugar in a medium sized saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in the baking soda and vanilla – be careful doing this, the sugar mixture may bubble a bit
- Pour the hot mixture over the popcorn and nuts in the brown paper bag, fold the top of the bag securely and shake it 10-15 times
- Place the bag in the microwave and heat for 1 minute on high remove the bag and shake it another 10-15 times
- Repeat this 2 more times or until caramel has thoroughly covered most of the popcorn
- Pour the popcorn mixture onto a parchment or silicone lined cookie sheet and cool
- Once cooled break it up into smaller chunks and enjoy!
Print Caramel Popcorn recipe
Nutritions information Per Serving
- Calories 224, Carbohydrate 40 g, Fat 7 g Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, Saturated Fat 1g, Sodium 91 mg