Looking for easy to make, delicious meals that the whole family can enjoy? Well look no further! These meals are slimmed down, fruit and veggie “upped” versions of family favorites.
Here are some general tips to make any meal healthier.
- Focus on fruits, veggies, whole grains and fat-free or low-fat dairy options.
- Aim for a variety of colors with your fruits and veggies – color is mother natures way of telling you what kind of vitamins and minerals are in that fruit or veggie. Fruits and veggies of similar colors with have similar vitamins and minerals in them
- If your children don’t care for a variety of fruits and veggies, try to put one on their plate that they do like and one that they are working on liking
- Include some sort of lean protein – this can be fish, chicken, eggs, nuts or legumes
- Bake it, grill it, roast it or broil it!
- Make meal time family time – try to sit down together as often as possible with everyone eating the same thing rather than a “kid meal” and an “adult meal”
- Turn off the tv and talk!