- 2 T Light Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (roasted and chopped)
- 3 T seasoned flour
- 2 chicken breasts – pound out and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 c. mushrooms
- 1 t. capers
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 8 oz white wine (could use chicken broth instead)
- 1 t. brown mustard
- 2 c.cooked Brown rice
- Make the brown rice – while the rice is cooking start the chicken
- Prepare chicken, flour with seasoned flour.
- Put 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil in sautee pan
- Brown chicken with garlic ( make sure garlic does not burn !)
- Take out chicken after quick browning, put in oven at 350 to finish cooking (toaster oven works well for this)
- Deglaze your sautee pan with white wine.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, capers and mustard. Continue whisking until completely deglazed.
- Add mushrooms to the sauce – if mushrooms soak up a lot of sauce can add a little bit of chicken stock .
Serve ½ cup brown rice with 1 piece of chicken and a bit of sauce on top. Supplement with some other type of cooked vegetables, we like broccoli.
Makes 4 servings;
- Calories: 311
- Sat Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbs: 30.2 g
- Fiber : 2.3 g
Print chicken piccata recipe