(Makes 6 pizzas)
Whole wheat pita bread or Arnold’s new Sandwich Thins or whole wheat English muffins make a great individual size crust!
Put out the toppings and let everyone’s creativity shine!
- 1 jar of your families favorite tomato sauce
- Variety of toppings sliced up – red peppers,mushrooms, grilled chicken, onions, roasted garlic – just remember to keep it lean!
- Light or part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 pieces of whole wheat pita bread, English muffins or other whole wheat “crust”
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Turn a piece of pita bread upside down and spread with 2 to 3 tablespoons of sauce.
- Top with chopped vegetables.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of cheese per “pizza”
- Repeat with remaining pita breads.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until edges are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Print pita pizza recipe