Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burger)
- Guacamole – I just use the premade stuff but you could make your own OR simply cut up avocado
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ t salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 2 t Fajita seasoning – either buy a packet of fajita seasoning or make your own (see below)
- ¼ t chili powder or cayenne pepper
- ¼ t cumin
- ¼ t paprika
- 1/8 t onion powder
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- Cut onions and bell peppers into a very fine chop.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Sautee onions and peppers until tender (about 5 minutes) at the end at ½ t fajita seasoning and ¼ t salt.
- Set aside to cool a bit.
- Combine breadcrumbs, pepper and onion mixture, remaining fajita seasoning and salt, tomato paste, turkey,and egg white in a large bowl – using your hands mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty.
- Using the same pan that you cooked the peppers and onions, re-heat over med and spray again with cooking spray.
- Place patties in hot skillet and cook about 5 minutes a side (or until done.)
- You can add a piece of cheese if you like, top with a tsp of guacamole and a bun!
Print Turkey Fajita Burgers recipe