- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 grated apple
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 4 cups canned vegetarian beans (ie. pinto or Northern beans)
- pre heat oven to 325 *
- Sautè oil and onion for 3 minutes.
- Add apple and cook covered over low heat for 5 minutes, keep lid tight.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a casserole pan that has lid.
- Add onion and apple mixture and mix well.
- Cover and bake for 45 – 60 minutes at 325 OR if you have a crockpot prepare above and use theb time and setting recommended for canned beans.
Print Baked Beans recipe
- Serving size: ½ cup
- Calories per serving: 113
- Fat per serving: 2 g (sat. fat: 0.2g; mono: 0.7g; poly: 0.6g)
- Fiber per serving: 5 g