- 2 cans garbanzos
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash garbanzos with a mortar and pestle.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Shape into balls using a dining spoon.
- Roll around on sesame seeds, if you have a lot of it; if you have limited sesame seeds, just sprinkle it on top of the falafel ball.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and put it in the oven until golden brown, approximately 30 minutes. If falafel is covered in sesame seeds, it may take longer to cook all the way to the center of the falafel, maybe 45 minutes.
Serve with tabouli, lightly toasted pita bread, hummus and raw spinach for a refreshingly healthy meal, perfect during the hot summer months.
Print Falafel recipe; part of the Mediterranean Menu here