- 1 10-ounce package frozen lima beans
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add lima beans, garlic and crushed red pepper
- Cook until the beans are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the liquid.
- Drain the beans and garlic.
- Transfer to a food processor.
- Add oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper; process until smooth.
- Scrape into a bowl, stir in mint, cilantro and dill.
print Lima Bean Spread recipe; part of the Mediterranean Menu here