- 3 lbs Red Bliss potatoes
- 1 small red onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- Fresh Dill (to taste – I add about 1/2 cup)
- 1 t salt
- ½ t pepper
- ½ c light mayo (optional)
- Cube the potatoes and boil until cooked but still firm ( about 10-15 minutes).
- Mix dressing in a covered jar and shake to combine oil, vinegar and spices.
- Finely dice the onion.
- While the potatoes are still HOT add the onions, dressing and toss to coat.
- Chill until time to serve …
…. tossing the potatoes in the dressing while they are still hot is the secret!
Optional: if you are a mayo lover, then add a small amount of light mayo to the potato salad once it is chilled – although it is great without it
Print Molly’s Potato Salad recipe
Without Mayo / With Light Mayo
- Calories 125.8 / 159.8
- Fat 4.7g / 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 0 g / 3.5 mg
- Carbohydrates 19.1 g / 19.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g/ 2.3g
- Fiber 2.0g / 2.1g